SACC is hiring a new Executive Director
The San Antonio Chamber Choir (SACC) is seeking qualified candidates to fill the position
of part-time Executive Director for our vibrant and growing arts organization.
Executive Director Position:
The Executive Director for SACC reports directly to the Board of Directors and works in tandem
with the Artistic Director. This person is responsible for institutional advancement, initiating and
implementing major programmatic improvements, fundraising strategies required to achieve
organizational goals and to ensure a culture of sustaining philanthropy for the organization.This
foundational role helps to ensure SACC fulfills its mission to engage audiences in extraordinary
musical experiences through world-class choral performances and recordings.
- Lead and guide, in partnership with Board members, all fundraising plans and activities
- Assess and evaluate existing strategies and solicit new funding sources
- Actively participate in the cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship of donors
- Develop strategies to augment the list of individual donors and efforts to bring in major gifts.
- Oversee administrative support staff.
- Payment of invoices.
- Payroll for contracted personnel.
- Coordinate financial activities with bookkeeper.
Required Knowledge and Skills
- Superb interpersonal communication skills. Demonstrated evidence of successful teamwork. Collegial approach to communication, comfortable with occasional public speaking.
- Professional demeanor.
- Excellent organization and planning skills.
- Able to accept direction. Comfortable and flexible with evolving priorities and roles.
- Experience with Donor Perfect or another database program.
Preferred Knowledge and Skills
- Highly proficient computer skills including Microsoft Office, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Experience using WordPress or other online web management system.
- Familiarity and basic knowledge of choral/music performance and arts organizations.
- 1-2 years’ experience as a student, volunteer, or professional stage manager or related production role.
- Basic understanding of copyright and licensing.
This part-time position (20 hours per week) has an annual salary from $22,000 - $26,000
based on experience. The work schedule will be flexible for the needs of the individual
and the organization including some evening and weekend hours for board meetings,
concerts and meetings with potential donors. As SACC continues to grow and develop
this position may expand into a full-time opportunity.
Qualified candidates should submit a cover letter and résumé via email to the SACC
Recruitment Committee at firstname.lastname@example.org no later than June 29, 2018.