Tenor Seth Lafler is next in the Spotlight!

Our next Singer Spotlight is on Tenor Seth Lafler who started singing with SACC last Christmas!  He will be joining us on our The Mystery of Christmas concert on Dec. 16 and 17 and we're excited to have him back!


Tell us about yourself, Seth!

I was born just outside of Columbus, Ohio and lived there until I was 7. I moved to Bossier City, Louisiana in 1994 and then to Georgetown, TX in 1997. I graduated from Georgetown HS and attended Texas State University where I studied music and accounting. I graduated with a Bachelor of Arts in 2010. I currently reside in Kerrville, TX with my 2 dogs and my cat. I previously served as the choir director at both Peterson Middle School and Forbes Middle School and I'm currently the choir director at Tivy High School. I recently started in the same capacity at First Presbyterian Church of Kerrville. 

What other groups do you sing with? 
I sing tenor in a barbershop quartet. I've also won the Barbershop Harmony Society Southwestern District Quartet Championship twice with two different quartets.

If you could be any other vocal part, which part would you be? 
I would sing basso profundo because who wouldn't want to sing that low?

What's your favorite choral piece to sing? 
My favorite piece is "MLK" by The King's Singers.

Who is your conductor crush? 
Craig Hella Johnson is my conductor crush because of how he lives in the music.

What's the most valuable lesson you ever learned in voice lessons or choir? 
To tell the story.

Who is someone who inspired you and encouraged you to pursue music? 
My high school choir director, Joey Lowrance.

What's your favorite holiday carol? 
The Christmas Song (Chestnuts Roasting on an Open Fire)

What's your favorite singing tradition? 
Closing our concerts with a piece and inviting alum on stage.

What's your fondest musical memory? 
Singing with Texas State University in South Africa.

What's your favorite guilty musical pleasure? 
Gospel

Do you have any other passions? 
Camping, hiking, jeeping, and THEE Ohio State Buckeyes


Go Bucks.
Seth was a featured singer on SACC's newest album, Unfrozen: Christmas in the Baltics, which is now available for purchase on iTunes.  It's a beautiful album of Christmas and solstice music from Latvia, Lithuania, and Estonia and would make an excellent holiday gift for the classical music lover in your life!  For a limited time, donors who make a generous donation to SACC for $100 or more receive this beautiful CD as a gift!

If you love Seth and want to support his singing endeavors, please consider donating to the San Antonio Chamber Choir so that we can continue to provide San Antonio and South Texas with performances of the finest choral music featuring Seth and all our extremely talented singers!  Thank you so much!


Concert Time!
Come see Seth and all the extremely talented singers of the San Antonio Chamber Choir this December 16th and 17th for SACC's The Mystery of Christmas Concert!  This event celebrates 100 years of recorded jazz and 1,000 years of choral music in a combined concert with special guests, the Jazz Protagonists.  Also featured will be the North East School of the Arts Dancers and the Clark High School Choir.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SACC welcomes our new Executive Director, Roland Barrera!

Anna Osterman is the Soprano in the Spotlight today!

Announcing the Alamo City Street Choir!