Who's next in the Spotlight? It's Heather Cole!

Soprano Heather Cole is our next Singer in the Spotlight!  She's been singing with SACC for 3 years and we're very happy to welcome her back for our The Mystery of Christmas concert on Dec. 16 and 17!

Tell us about yourself, Heather!
I was born in a US Air Force facility in Wiesbaden, Germany, and my family moved back to the states when I was 4. I grew up in San Antonio attending Northside ISD and I graduated from Warren HS in 2006.  I then went on to UTSA to graduate with a Bachelor’s in Music Studies with a K-12 music certification in 2011.   I am a 3-year Texas All-State Choir Member and I received second place at TEXOMA NATS Competition in 2010 for my division.  After graduation, I returned to  Northside ISD to work as a middle school choir director at Dolph Briscoe Middle School where I am currently in my 6th year teaching. My UIL contest choirs at Briscoe MS have received Sweepstakes trophies for the last 4 years running, with multiple region choir participants and 1st division Solo & Ensemble winners.  I'm so proud of my students!  My husband and I are going on 5 years of marriage and we recently had our son James who turns 1 in January. We both love spending time at home with our son and two dogs. 

If you could be any other vocal part, which part would you be? 
Bass 2, I loooooove those low notes!

What's your favorite choral piece to sing or the most influential piece to you? 
Lead, Kindly Light by Dan Forrest. The text is some of my favorite religious texts, and I think Forrest’s setting is so beautiful and really reflects the meaning behind the text. 



What's your favorite holiday carol? 
Lo, How A Rose E’er Blooming

Who is your conductor crush? 
Eric Whitacre, amazing musician and not bad on the eyes either!

hubba hubba
What's the most valuable lesson you ever learned in voice lessons or choir? 
The amazing beauty that can come from the passion and collaboration of a group of people.

Do you play any other instruments? 
I’ve dabbled a bit in piano and guitar.

What's your proudest musical moment? 
Seeing the growth of my students every year. It’s always amazing to me what these kids are capable of doing.

What's your dream venue to perform at?
One of those European cathedrals or, of course, Carnegie Hall 

What's your favorite guilty musical pleasure? 
Hamilton the musical

Are there any composers everyone seems to love but you can't stand? 
John Rutter. He’s super famous and frequently performed, but I just don’t like his music!

Heather was a featured singer on SACC's newest album, Unfrozen: Christmas in the Baltics, which is now available for purchase on iTunes.  It's a beautiful album of Christmas and solstice music from Latvia, Lithuania, and Estonia and would make an excellent holiday gift for the classical music lover in your life!  For a limited time, donors who make a generous donation to SACC for $100 or more receive this beautiful CD as a gift!

If you love Heather and want to support her singing endeavors, please consider donating to the San Antonio Chamber Choir so that we can continue to provide San Antonio and South Texas with performances of the finest choral music featuring Heather and all our extremely talented singers!  Thank you so much!

Concert Time!
Come see Heather and the rest of the San Antonio Chamber Choir this December 16th and 17th for SACC's The Mystery of Christmas Concert!  This event celebrates 100 years of recorded jazz and 1,000 years of choral music in a combined concert with special guests, the Jazz Protagonists.  Also featured will be the North East School of the Arts Dancers and the Clark High School Choir.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SACC welcomes our new Executive Director, Roland Barrera!

Anna Osterman is the Soprano in the Spotlight today!

Announcing the Alamo City Street Choir!